Linux Server Diary

The trials and tribulations of a Linux newbie trying to setup a home server.

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Samba Problem Caused by 7.04 Upgrade

OK, so here's the description of the problem. Since I upgraded my server from Ubuntu Server 6.10 to 7.04, I can't connect to the Samba share from my client machines.

This machine only offers two services Samba and SSH, and SSH works fine.

When I try to connect to the Samba share, I'm asked for a password. If I enter the correct password, I get an error saying that the folder contents could not be displayed. A similar error is displayed from a Win XP client.

Now, here's the weird part, if I enter an invalid password, it asks me again. To me, this means that the client is communicating with the Samba service (the service is running, and there's not a firewall issue), and is validating when the correct password is entered, but it is after that validation that I'm being refused.

My Google searches on Samba problems after an upgrade have not yielded anything, but I'll keep looking.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home