Linux Server Diary

The trials and tribulations of a Linux newbie trying to setup a home server.

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Upgrading the Servers to 7.04

The Ubuntu upgrade page only lists two steps to upgrade a server, so I thought I'd try it over lunch. I'm starting with the Backup server. If that goes well, I'll move on to the File server.

Right off the bat, the first command gave an error:
Couldn't find package update-manager-core
However, this was solved easily by updating the package lists with apt-get update.

Step 2 has now begun, and it seems to be updating my repositories.

Now, it is asking for my confirmation to download and upgrade. Apparently, there is no turning back. Here goes!

I'm going to head back to work, and check back in the evening.

(later that day...)

I've only had to answer three questions. One asking about overwriting my ntpdate config file (no), asking to remove desupported packages (no), and looking for permission to reboot (yes).

And it seems to have come up fine. One down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home