Linux Server Diary

The trials and tribulations of a Linux newbie trying to setup a home server.

Monday, April 23, 2007

Ubuntu Desktop 7.04

I installed Ubuntu 7.04 in a dual boot configuration on my desktop over the weekend. It's going pretty well, as I've been able to install the audio and video codecs using Automatix2, install Picassa, VLC, Amarok, and other programs with the same tool, and connect to my network share. I setup my email with Thunderbird, and I've been using GIMP for image processing.

I need to find a decent bittorrent program (not bittornado), and get Juice installed (maybe).

Unfortunately, I still can't use my USB headphones.

1 Comments:

At 10:09 AM, Blogger steve said...

I use rTorrent under Screen, which does a great job - it's extremely light on resources. On the graphical side, Azureus seems quite popular.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home