Linux Server Diary

The trials and tribulations of a Linux newbie trying to setup a home server.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Brother Printer

My wife has a Brother MFC 3360C printer/fax/copier/scanner/bottle opener attached to her desktop machine and shared as our only printer. After a little searching, I found a mention of this site that explains how to install the driver. After following the directions to install the drivers, I modified the printer to point to the SMB shared printer. I didn't need to use the CUPS web interface as suggested.

That link is:
http://solutions.brother.com/linux/sol/printer/linux/cups_wrapper_install6.html

Next, I'll try this on the Xubuntu machine.

UPDATE: It worked OK on the Xubuntu machine, with one minor issue. I wasn't able to update the path to the Windows share using the browse control. Instead, I entered the URI in the form. Plus, I couldn't find a place to print a test page. Regardless, it works great now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home