Linux Server Diary

The trials and tribulations of a Linux newbie trying to setup a home server.

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Blogger Export

I know this is off the subject, but I've been thinking about what to do with this diary in the long term. I can leave it up on Blogger as long as it lets me, but how can I get a copy to keep locally?

Can Blogger output an XML formatted document that contains the postings, along with other attributes? I wonder if fancy template tricks could be used to facilitate this. I may do a little research at lunch to see what I can find.

UPDATE: (5 minutes later)
Well, it didn't take me long to find some information. Blogger offers advice on saving a backup, although it is not in XML format. This Radio Userland post show an XML version, but it doesn't include many of the attributes available. We can also convert from Blogger to MT using a PHP include. This is interesting in that it modifies the archive template and not the main one.

It seems that most of the pages I've found are concerned with converting from one platform to another. I'll keep looking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home