Linux Server Diary

The trials and tribulations of a Linux newbie trying to setup a home server.

Wednesday, October 06, 2004

I Figured It Out

After running fetchmail with --configdump, I noticed that the output referenced the /root folder. I found a copy of .fetchmailrc that was apparently being used. I renamed it, and the incorrect deliveries stopped. I now have a .fetchmailrc file in my home directory. I started fetchmail under my user (instead of root), and it read that file and things are great!

One question, if I have more than one user that wants to use this function, would each create his own .fetchmailrc file and then run a separate copy of fetchmail? I think that's why I had the /etc/fetchmailrc file with all of the users mail account information.

For now, I only have two users, so it's not a big deal. I'm just happy that I've solved the mystery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home