Linux Server Diary

The trials and tribulations of a Linux newbie trying to setup a home server.

Thursday, September 30, 2004

New Drives Ordered

Picture of Hard Drive BoxI ordered two hard drives from Fry's Outpost, a Western Digital 80GB for the desktop machine, and a Western Digital 250GB for the server. (I know, both are bigger than necessary, but I should be set for a while.) Both were offered with decent rebates. With 2-day shipping, they should arrive on Tuesday.

I didn't have much luck locating a video graphics card. They cost more than I expected! I was hoping for something under $50, but I only saw a couple at that price, and they looked low on RAM. The old ATI card will work until I find something good that is affordable.

Meanwhile, I buttoned up the new desktop case and disconnected it. With no extra drive space, it was almost unusable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home