Linux Server Diary

The trials and tribulations of a Linux newbie trying to setup a home server.

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

More Progress

5:50 pm
LED Polarity is truly important. I now have a red HD activity light and a cool blue strip of lights indicating power
6:05 pm
Supper break
6:32 pm
The floppy drive, which I had to enable in the BIOS settings, is working now.
6:45 pm
Having DVD/CD-ROM troubles. I was able to boot from and install XP from CD, but now I can't get any CD-ROM to mount. Audio works fine. Reseating the cable connector didn't help
7:10 pm
Wait! We just got one disk to work. It seems to be erratic.
7:20 pm
Antivirus and Zone Alarm installed. I've only got about 300MB left on the hard drive.
7:23 pm
We're going to try a different DVD/CD-ROM drive
8:00 pm
NCIS Break
9:00 pm
That episode was better than usual
9:20 pm
Both front USB ports work just fine. We are rocking to the sounds of Black Eyed Peas from the MP3 player.
9:38 pm
The other DVD/CD-ROM is working much better (although I wasn't able to watch a DVD. It read the disk, but I apparently don't have a player.) Unfortunately, this drive has no eject button (it's broken off). I can either jab a small screwdriver into the hole until it opens, or use the Eject command in My Computer.
9:58 pm
Once again, I'm tired. More tomorrow

1 Comments:

At 3:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...


Xxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home