Linux Server Diary

The trials and tribulations of a Linux newbie trying to setup a home server.

Sunday, September 26, 2004

X Windows Server for Windows

Since my goal is to access the graphic tools of Mandrake from my Windows workstation, I need to find X Server software. I found these:
I still have to figure out how it all works, but I don't have an XDM server available to test with. This will come later.

It seems that one uses ssh or telnet to connect to the server, then issues commands to start graphical applications which will be displayed on the client machine. I also read somewhere that KDE and Gnome both have their own versions of XDM. My goal is to get the Gnome or KDE desktop in a window on my client.

UPDATE:

Here's a good link: Linux Questions

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home