Linux Server Diary

The trials and tribulations of a Linux newbie trying to setup a home server.

Saturday, October 02, 2004

How Easy Was That?

Worked on the 2nd try!

One hint: Only open and edit the prefs.js file while Mozilla is NOT running. When Mozilla exits, it overwrites the file, so your changes will be lost.

When I compose a new message, the FROM: dropdown includes my new identity. Plus, I never noticed before that I could add the recipient column to the message list window, so I can see who the message was sent to.

Now, I can drop back to having just one linux account, and fetchmail can put all of the mail in one box.

Still no idea how the webmail system will handle this. I'll try it now.

I found a multiple identity section in the Personal Information section of Options. I tried to add a new one, and received a security error. I think that I need to look at the permissions on the config files on the web server. I'll save that for another day. I don't use webmail very often anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home