Linux Server Diary

The trials and tribulations of a Linux newbie trying to setup a home server.

Monday, October 18, 2004

I See 250 GB

Well, actually 232 GB.

Anyway, I stumbled upon a Microsoft post outining the steps need to make Win2K see a drive bigger than 128 GB. It worked just fine.

That completes my experiments to ensure that the 250 GB drive is working. I'll pick up the new IDE card on payday (10/29) and begin to work on the new server. In the meantime, I need to transfer/re-install all of my software from the Compaq to the new desktop. So far, I've installed the digital camera software (which I can't download from Canon. I have to have the CD - which I don't!), Firefox/Thunderbird, and various communication programs (VNC, PUTTY). Next, will be the several photo manipulation programs I use, followed by MS Office.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home