Linux Server Diary

The trials and tribulations of a Linux newbie trying to setup a home server.

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Battery Installed

I was able to get out to Interstate Battery ("Every battery for every need") the other day to get a replacement cell for the motherboard, and I installed it this morning. That's the last thing on my checklist before moving this box into production.



I'm glad to be done messing inside the case. Not because I don't enjoy it, but because I'm worried about breaking something. I'm not the most skilled mechanic or electrician in town, and I tend to have trouble with these kind of things. (I mentioned the CD troubles last month; did I also write about cracking a motherboard once?) It is inevitable that I would lose a screw, strip some threads, short a connection, pull something loose, kill a component with static discharge, etc. I should be done until I decide to add a DVD burner.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home