Linux Server Diary

The trials and tribulations of a Linux newbie trying to setup a home server.

Monday, March 07, 2005

Killing DSL - Part 2

(See part 1 here)

I heard from ResNet today - two days after I sent the email. They said that I have to call Verizon to get the thing cancelled!

This time, they gave me a local number. I called it, and my old buddy Deb W. answered the phone. (At my previous job, I used to work with Deb for phone system support. I didn't mind talking to her, but I don't miss supporting a phone system. What a pain!) Anyway, I said my name, and she said 'How are you?' - as if we had just talked the day before. I explained what I wanted to do, she confirmed that I didn't want to cancel the voice service, and she said it would take four working days.

Here it is the end of the 1st working day, and the modem still has a carrier. I'll check each evening to see if it is off by Thursday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home