Linux Server Diary

The trials and tribulations of a Linux newbie trying to setup a home server.

Saturday, January 08, 2005

Today's Fetchmail is Different Than Yesterday's

Just when I think I have the fetchmail configuration figured out, I hit another bump in the road.

We had a 2 day power outage this week, and I was checking the syslog after the server came up, and found a fetchmail error complaining about the permissions on /etc/fetchmailrc. It wanted it to be 0710. I fixed it, and restarted fetchmail. Next, the error was "no mailservers specified". I messed around with different things for a bit, and finally found that if I included the daemon setting (set daemon=900) in /root/.fetchmailrc and got rid of /etc/fetchmailrc that things would work.

I'm tempted to reboot the service just to be sure that it works as I think it will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home