Linux Server Diary

The trials and tribulations of a Linux newbie trying to setup a home server.

Friday, November 03, 2006

New Server Project

Since building a new desktop machine for my son this summer, we've passed his old machine to my daughter and her machine is now available to become the new file server. (I'm ready to retire the original Compaq server, since it always takes a few tries to boot up after a power outage.) I'll be installing a 250GB drive in the new box (also a Compaq) to give us a little breathing room.

The operating system this time will be Ubuntu 6.10 Server Edition.

I've been reading through the old posts, and I'm glad that I documented all of my hints and trials from the first go-round. This should make this install go a little easier.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home