Linux Server Diary

The trials and tribulations of a Linux newbie trying to setup a home server.

Friday, March 24, 2006

Giving Up and Asking for Help

Here's the add I want to post somewhere on campus:

I NEED HELP WITH LINUX!

I have a machine running Ubuntu 5.10 and the audio and video settings, drivers, and plug ins need work. I want to be able to view movies an animations in a browser, and to run more than one audio app at a time. I'd like to use my USB headset without having to restart the audio program, and to record with the included microphone. My son's machine needs similar tweaks, plus his video card is not configured correctly.

If you are up to the task and can work on the machine in my campus office between 8:00 and 5:00 please email me at xxx@purdue.edu and we can discuss pay and schedule.


What do you think?

Now I just need to figure out where to post it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home