Linux Server Diary

The trials and tribulations of a Linux newbie trying to setup a home server.

Thursday, November 18, 2004

Rough Start

Tonight is the first time in a while when I've had time to work on the server.

I had installed the 80GB drive on Sunday, but then the machine wouldn't boot at all. I was tired, so I left it until today.

Since I had been moving things around in there, I decided to check and/or reseat the network card and all of the various cables. After that, it worked fine.

As the machine booted, it ran a disk configuration utility (harddrake) when it saw the new drive. I'm going to partition, format, etc. manually, but I let the drake do its thing anyway. Because the disk is currently formatted as NTFS, Mandrake can't read it.

It will probably be the weekend before I go to the next step.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home