Linux Server Diary

The trials and tribulations of a Linux newbie trying to setup a home server.

Thursday, November 11, 2004

CygwinX

My doc pages asked me to run a program called XWin.exe. I couldn't find it in the Cygwin folders. Then, I read that it is not installed by default. The setup program lists quite a few programs and libraries, and it's difficult to see what is loading or what should load. It is setup for some kind of default install, but it doesn't really say what uses are covered by the default. A neophyte user like myself has no idea what to include.

I went back and found the X11 files and included them in my latest install. I found the XWin.exe file and ran it. Now, I get a message that I'm missing a .dll file. I decided to go back and install every file in the package (which will probably take a week to download).

This program wins the award of:

Comic Book Guy


Worst Installation Program Ever


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home